Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung! Jetzt klicken & handeln!Willst du auch bei der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:

Dienstag, Dezember 06, 2005

TABOU TIKI Country Night tomorrow



Dear Friends,

I'm glad to inivite you to another set of great country tunes from the 1920's to this years favourite songs! For me it's getting harder and harder listening to todays chart music when each "new" album I get opens the door to another world of sorrow, cheating, drinking, heartbreak and devastation! That's what I'm living for! Fake comedy "country" may fill the Columbia Halle, but to quote Mary Gauthier, "they ain't got heart"! So don't go listen to them, put on Webb Pierce's "There Stands The Glass" and understand why, under certain circumstances, getting wasted is just what the doctor ordered.

As some of you might have heard, Chris Whitley died two weeks ago and so, as a little tribute, my set will sport selected tunes from his amazing catalogue. This little, skinny man was a real giant when it came to writing songs that touch your heart and man, will he be missed.

So I'd love to meet you on wednesday at the Tabou Tiki Room!

DJ BOLL WEEVIL